Craig Tara Holiday Park Or Seton Sands Holiday Village?
- Craig Tara Holiday Park Or Seton Sands Holiday Village?
- Haven Scotland Holiday Parks 2022
- Seton Sands Haven Holiday Village Facilities
- Craig Tara Holiday Park Facilities
- What Do Former Haven Scotland Holiday guests think?
- Accommodation at Seton Sands Holiday Village
- Holiday Accommodation at Craig Tara Holiday Park
- Haven Scotland – Reserve Your Place on the Park
- Seton Sands Holiday Village Address
- Travelling to Seton Sands Park
- Craig Tara Holiday Park Address
- Travelling to Craig Tara
- Things to Do at Seton Sands & Craig Tara
- Seton Sands Nearby Attractions
- Craig Tara Nearby Attractions
Haven Scotland Holiday Parks 2022
Haven Scotland holiday park options – If you are thinking about a Haven Holiday in Scotland you have two choices! You either go for a stay at Craig Tara Holiday Park or Seton Sands holiday village. There is not much between these two popular Scottish holiday parks.
The main criteria for you could simply be down to which park is easiest for you to get to or which holiday park has the best places to visit and attractions nearby. Even the availability of the caravan or accommodation the size you need.
Alternatively if you plan to spend most of your time in the holiday park you will want the one with best facilities. Also price can also be a major factor if you are on a tight budget. Hopefully the information on this page will help you find the perfect place between the West Coast and East Lothian
Depending on what facilities you are looking for between these two Haven Scotland holiday parks you can get an idea of what one is most suitable for you. The above lists do not include all the park amenities and activities. Some activities could be seasonal or have restrictions. So if anything is of great importance in making your holiday in Scotland a make or break choice, check on the Haven Scotland holiday website or call the holiday park for the latest updates.
Seton Sands Haven Holiday Village Facilities
- Heated indoor pool with 2 main pools
- All-weather multi-sports range
- ShowBar (entertainment venue)
- 2 food & drink venues
- 9-hole golf course
- Adventure trail
- Bungee Trampoline
- Archery Coaching
- Pic ‘n' Paint Pottery Studio
- 3 outdoor play areas
- Mini Market (shop)
- Dog-friendly beach nearby
- Restaurant & Fish & Chips takeaway
Craig Tara Holiday Park Facilities
- Huge heated indoor pool complex
- All-weather multi-sports court & 5 outdoor play areas
- 2 entertainment venues
- 6 food and drink venues
- 9-hole golf course
- Adventure Trail
- Airspace indoor SportsDrome
- Activity Range
- Lighthouse Harbour Adventure Village
- Harbour Bay (events and activities hall)
- Nisa Local (mini market)
- Dog-friendly beach
- 2 Restaurants & Fish & Chips Papa John's Pizza, Burger King, Millie's Cookies
What Do Former Haven Scotland Holiday guests think?
At the time of publication both Haven holiday parks had a score of 4.2 out of 5 based on Google reviews. The only difference was that the haven park that had the most reviews by far was Craig Tara. Without looking at individual reviews the numbers would suggest Craig Tara just edges it simply by having more reviews. Whatever venue you pick, you can see both are rated 4.2 out of 5 which it very good.
Accommodation at Seton Sands Holiday Village
Seton Sands accommodation includes a range caravans and luxury holiday lodges. You can select from standard, deluxe, prestige and platinum with decking. Seton Sands also offers an exclusive caravan area called Roxburgh Place. The Prestige at Roxburgh Place offers guests a guaranteed dedicated parking space, quiet surroundings top quality furnishing and a 40″ TV with DVD player. Alternatively you can book a two bedroomed luxury lodge which can accommodate four people or the larger three bedroom lodge for up to six guests. Seton Sands has two types of accommodation options for guests with disabilities.
Download the Seton sands Holiday village map > click here
Holiday Accommodation at Craig Tara Holiday Park
Craig Tara caravan range is consists of Standard, Standard (newer models) Deluxe, Deluxe (newer models) Prestige and Prestige (newer models) Platinum with decking, Platinum Sea View. Adapted for guests with disabilities. Unlike Seton Sands there are noe holiday lodges. However there are apartments that are split into three categories. Standard no fuss holiday home, Comfort a home away from home and Comfort with veranda, perfect for big families. Craig Tara also has an exclusive area for the new accommodation types. These are located in Dalrymple Village and Balmoral. These give you a guaranteed parking space, 40″ TV with DVD player plus the option of a Integral deck and a guaranteed play area nearby for the kids.
Download the Craig Tara Holiday Park map > click here
Haven Scotland – Reserve Your Place on the Park
If you know want to book a certain area of Craig Tara or Seton Sands, you can. You can select a quiet area or somewhere that's more convenient for you. You can also upgrade your booking if you want. Once you have booked simply log in to your My Haven Holiday account to view your options. There is a charge to do this and all costs will be shown before you proceed.
Seton Sands Holiday Village Address
Travelling to Seton Sands Park
- Bus or Coach – Your main access point will be arriving into Edinburgh and travelling from there. You can check the timetable with Lothian busses. The distance is approximately 14 miles by car from Edinburgh bus station.
- By Rail – The train station in Edinburgh is around 14 miles away from Seton Sands. Check the bus times with Lothian Buses. Check rail times and prices > click here
- By Car – Take the A1 to the Bankton Junction exit (A198) Turn on the B6371 for Cockenzie, then right on to the B1348. The holiday fun starts 1 mile along on the right hand side. For your sat nav, Seton Sands postcode is EH32 0QF Don't forget you can use free sat nav apps like WAZE on your phone as well.
Craig Tara Holiday Park Address
Travelling to Craig Tara
- Bus or Coach – The nearest bus station in in Ayr, approximately 4 miles from the caravan park. There is usually a bus service running every hour from there to Craig Tara. If there are a few of you travelling a taxi might work out to be a more cost effective and convenient option.
- By rail – The train arrives into Ayr, about 4 miles away. Next step would be the hourly bus to the park. Check rail prices and train times > click here
- By Car – If you have a sat nav the post code is KA7 4LB. Alternatively you could use an app on your phone. If you are travelling from the south from the M74 you need to exit at junction 12 onto the A70 towards Cumnock. Follow the road signs to Stranraer then from the Bankfield roundabout.
- You can always have a quick look on Google maps to see the turn offs and route in advance if you are worried about getting lost.
Things to Do at Seton Sands & Craig Tara
If you want to see some of the local attractions this could help you choose what holiday park is best for you. Especially if you like to enjoy days out exploring.
Seton Sands Nearby Attractions
- Sandy beach nearby
- Dogs are welcome
- Rosslyn Chapel (16 miles)
- Edinburgh Zoo (17 miles)
- East Links Family Park (19 miles)
- National Museum of flight (12 miles)
- Butterfly and Insect World (11 miles)
- Edinburgh Castle (15 miles)
- City of Edinburgh (14 miles)
- The Edinburgh Dungeon (14 miles)
- Forth Bridge (35 miles)
- Scottish Seabird Centre (12 miles)
- Dirleton Castle (10 miles)
- Arthur's Seat (13 miles)
- Royal Yacht Britannia (12 miles)
- Camera Obscura and World of Illusions (15 miles)
- Palace of Holyroodhouse (14 miles)
- Calton Hill (14 miles)
- Livingston Designer Outlet (32 miles)
- Preston Mill (15 miles)
- Newhailes Estate (11 miles)
- Inveresk Lodge Garden (8 miles)
- Blackness Castle (35 miles)
- Craigmillar Castle (12 miles)
Craig Tara Nearby Attractions
- Robert Burns Birthplace Museum (3 miles)
- Ayr Racecourse (5 miles)
- Electric Brae (5.5 miles)
- Souter Johnnie's cottage (8 miles)
- Lang Scots Mile one-mile (4 miles)
- SpringWater Fishery (7.5 miles)
- Greenan Castle (3 miles)
- Heads of Ayr Farm (0.5 miles)
- Harvies Ice Rink (25 miles)
- Culzean Castle (11 miles)
- City of Glasgow (43 miles)
- Many local golf courses
- Glasgow Science Centre & Tower (43 miles)
- Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum (42 miles)
- Riverside Museum of Transport and Travel (42 miles)
- The Necropolis & Glasgow Cathedral (43 miles)
- Ibrox Stadium (40 miles)
- Glasgow Botanic Gardens (42 miles)
- People's Palace and Winter Gardens (43 miles)
- Waverley paddle steamer trips (43 miles)
- Loch Lomond (68 miles)
- Soar Braehead indoor ‘real' snow slope (44 miles)
- Braehead Shopping Centre (44 miles)
- Dundonald Castle (17 miles)